Award-winning Home/Office Hybrid Hotel
Do you easily connect to people, love providing a warm welcome, and get a kick out of organizing events? Then keep reading!
Facilitating global living and working, Zoku is a new category in the hotel industry: a home-office hybrid – also suitable for long stays – with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighborhood. Join an international team of driven, proactive and fun-loving Zokus who all have one thing in common: a passion for connecting people across the globe.
TELL ME MORE
As our Meeting and Events Intern, you’ll be the go-to person, mediator and problem solver for all meeting & events hosted at Zoku Vienna.
You’ll be responsible for coordinating everything to make sure that we create unforgettable events and will gain hands-on experience of the day-to-day operations of all M&E activities. You will also manage event requests and work closely with the Meeting and Events Manager on a daily basis. You’ll manage food and beverage orders together with the Kitchen team and the Duty Managers team. Ultimately, you love to host a good party!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
No day looks the same as a Meeting & Events Intern… but here’s a glimpse of what you can expect:
Creating memorable meetings: As our go-to person for all things meeting & events, you’ll assist in planning, organizing and executing all meetings and events that take place at Zoku Vienna.
The ultimate party planner: You’ll be responsible for handling all M&E requests, ensuring that Zoku Vienna is the top choice for all businesses.
Be the host: You’ll show off your inner barista, beer tapping skills and make sure that our meeting & events guests needs are met during their time with us. After events, you’ll analyze feedback to improve our offers and processes.
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNSHIP UNIQUE?
- You’ll be an events all-rounder. You’ll improve your operational, administrative and event skills.
- You can bring your knowledge into practice. With an «Always Beta» mentality, you’ll help to improve processes at Zoku.
- You’ll get a second family. Become part of our Zoku community of fellow colleagues, residents and visitors.
- You’ll be part of a future-oriented hospitality concept. We’re not like your average hotel or event space (feel free to stop by at Zoku to see for yourself!).
- You’ll make a difference. As an important part of our team, you’ll get plenty of responsibility and your ideas will be valued.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Internship allowance of €1145 per month.
- 12,5 holiday days (per 6 months)
- Cool benefits like a free after-work drink, free fitness offers, discount on an annual public transport ticket and friends & family rates at all Zoku locations.
- A cool comfy uniform – no more looking like a log!
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn and grow from.
- The best free staff meals, enjoyed in our social spaces overlooking the city.
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities and fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An internship at one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world, that feels like a second home and is purpose-driven.
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO
- Love putting a personal touch on their service and go the extra mile to lend a helping hand.
- Are genuinely friendly, pro-active and have good communication skills.
- Are eager to get the best out of themselves and their peers.
- Don’t mind getting their hands dirty every now and then.
- Have operational experience and / or previously worked in event management and banqueting.
A FEW MUST HAVES
- You are a student at a hospitality university and need to do a mandatory operational/administrative internship (min. 6 months) as part of your curriculum.
- You are fluent in German and English, other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU resident or have a valid working and living permit for Austria.
- You are available to start in July/August 2023.
- You have practical experience in hospitality.