Award-winning Home/Office Hybrid Hotel
Do you love cooking and want to get more experience in the kitchen? Then keep reading!
Facilitating global living and working, Zoku is a new category in the hotel industry: a home-office hybrid – also suitable for long stays – with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighborhood. Join an international team of driven, proactive and fun-loving Zokus who all have one thing in common: a passion for connecting people across the globe.
TELL ME MORE
Life doesn’t become more social than through sharing food. That’s our founding food philosophy and it can be yours too. The food that comes out of our Living Kitchen is fresh, simple, honest, healthy and local. With short-end preparation times, simple ingredients and limited preparation steps, our assortment is incredibly intelligent and facilitates fast service.
As a Kitchen Intern you will be working in a team of creatives who are eager to bring people together through food and assist them in the preparation of all dishes that come out of the Living Kitchen. You will be reporting to the Head Chef and work alongside our team of chefs, who together will help you grow your kitchen skills during your internship.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
No day looks the same as a Kitchen Intern… but here’s a glimpse of what you can expect:
Become an all-around kitchen guru: You’ll assist our Kitchen team with prepping, cutting and cooking for all of our different services, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Stock up soldier: You’ll assist in the ordering of food and other stock with our suppliers. Once received, you’ll assess them for quality and store them as needed.
Get creative: You’ll plate beautiful dishes and make creative buffets that not only look good, but also taste amazing. All the while ensuring that our kitchen looks spick and span!
Chat up a storm: You’ll chat with an international mix of residents and locals. As you are cooking in an open kitchen, you will get to know and chat with our guests while cooking. You’ll be sure to meet some interesting people along the way!
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNSHIP UNIQUE?
- You won’t hide in the background. You get to work in an open kitchen environment with plenty of daylight.
- You’ll be a kitchen all-rounder. You’ll improve your cooking skills in all kitchen departments. No day looks the same!
- You’ll get to know the entire team. You’re in close contact with our front of house and the entire Zoku team.
- You’ll work in a unique kitchen setup. We’re not like your average kitchen (feel free to stop by our rooftop to see for yourself!)
- You are encouraged to work with fresh and seasonal ingredients. We put a strong emphasis on incorporating vegetables into our dishes.
- You’ll make a difference. As an important part of our team, you’ll get plenty of responsibility and your ideas will be valued.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Internship allowance of €1145 per month.
- 12.5 holiday days (per 6 months).
- Cool benefits like a free after-work drink, free fitness offers, discount on an annual public transport card, and friends & family rates at all Zoku locations.
- A cool comfy uniform – no more looking like a log!
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn and grow from.
- The best free staff meals, enjoyed in our social spaces overlooking the city.
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities and fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An internship at one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world, that feels like a second home and is purpose-driven.
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO
- Love to cook healthy and creative dishes, and have an eye for detail.
- Take initiative, are proactive and reliable.
- Are genuinely friendly and open to helping others.
- Are orderly, structured and clean.
- Have basic knowledge about different food cultures.
- Aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty – think cleaning kitchen cabinets or scrubbing the kitchen floor.
A FEW MUST HAVES
- You are a student at a hospitality university and need to do a mandatory operational internship (min. 6 months) as part of your curriculum.
- You are fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU resident or have a valid working and living permit for Austria.
- You are flexible, as you’ll have no fixed working days / hours.
- You have first experience working in a kitchen and implementing HACCP guidelines.
- You are available to start in July/August 2023