Award-winning Home/Office Hybrid Hotel
Are you ready for a new challenge working for a unique hospitality concept that combines short and long stays, rooftop Social Spaces, coworking facilities and a global community? Then you’ve come to the right place!
We will be opening our fourth location worldwide, this time in Paris, opening in April 2023. Our newest property will feature 109 Lofts and is located in the 17th arrondissement, right next to the iconic Tribunal de Paris and Porte de Clichy metro station.
TELL ME MORE
As a Duty Manager Intern you act as the spider in the web, ensuring Zoku’s operations are run smoothly. You’ll coach, train and set the team of Sidekicks (the operational team) up for success.
The job of Duty Manager Intern is very versatile and fast-paced. You’ll support the operational team when and where, needed empowering them to be at their best to provide excellent service and a true Zoku-like experience, all whilst keeping the service standards high . You will work together with a team of enthusiastic and highly motivated Duty Managers and will play a key role in the pre-opening of our newest Zoku.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
No day looks the same as a Duty Manager Intern, but here is a glimpse of what you can expect:
Smooth operations: You are very hands on and actively support the Sidekicks on the floor to ensure every resident receives a true Zoku-like experience. You are jumping in when and where needed and are the contact person for (bigger) resident complaints.
Trouble shooter: You act as the trouble-shooter in case of issues arising during your shift, coordinate maintenance tasks and help in case no one is available. Finally, you are end responsible for proper handling of safety and security procedures.
Sidekick Coach: You coach, guide and train the operational team. You ensure Zoku’s values are lived by on the working floor, you have fun, all whilst ensuring excellent service. Together with your colleague Duty Managers you assist in updating the working schedules of the team.
Operational Jack/Jane of all trades: As part of the Duty Managers team, you are responsible for all Rooms Division and F&B matters. You are the main contact person with our outsourced housekeeping party, you enjoy structuring all rooms related procedures, managing restaurants reservations and check the payment handling.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- An Internship allowance in accordance with legislation.
- A full-time contract (39 hours).
- 10 days holidays (per 6 months).
- A stylish uniform – no more looking like a log.
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities.
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn and grow from.
- A friends and family rate at all of our locations in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Paris and Vienna.
- Fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An honorary drinking name that you can get at one of our legendary Zoku parties.
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO
- Bring good vibes to the work floor, are genuinely friendly, approachable and empathic.
- Are social butterflies who love to connect with others and get to know new people.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to discover new things.
- Are multi-tasking pros, handling multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities all whilst keeping a cool head and a warm heart.
- Have an international background – experience in guest relations are seen as a plus!
A FEW MUST HAVES
- You are a student at a hospitality university and need to do a mandatory managerial/administrative internship as part of your curriculum (min. 6 months).
- You are fluent in English and French, other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU resident or have a valid working and living permit for France.
- You are available for a start date in July/August 2023 and flexible for working days/hours.
- You have experience in working in an operational hotel or restaurant environment.