next generation neighbourhoods
13th November 2023
Start date: January 2024 (flexible)
Salary: € 1.000 Euros per month
At the beginning of 2022, Denizen’s first House opened its doors in Berlin, offering local residents and companies a range of day-time services and leisure activities tailored to their professional needs.
Conceived as a lobby for the neighbourhood, it offers Denizens – locals and regulars alike –a place away from the home or office, with an open lounge, concierge, grab-and-go café, flexible workspace and a self-care studio with showers and changing facilities. Evening events and classes, such as meet-ups, food tastings, yoga, meditation and fitness classes round off the comprehensive offering.
Denizen currently operates a variety of community and office spaces in Berlin and Düsseldorf, with plans to expand across Germany over the next 12 months.
The Denizen team is a mix of hospitality operators & technologists (including EHL alumni), focused on delivering a great high tech/high touch service experience for our residents and the wider neighbourhood, bringing them 365 day hospitality.
Our main investors are Porsche Digital and Solutions Holding (one of the founders of 25hours Hotel Company) and are working with both Modiste (Interior Architects), Workshop Coffee (Speciality Coffee) and Vitra (Strategic Partner) to bring the space to life.
After the successful launch of its first Denizen House concept in Berlin, Denizen opened its second location in Dusseldorf in October 2023, located at the Numa Artol Hotel in Dusseldorf. This is a highly unique position, working closely with the co-founders and being part of the opening team.
We are looking for self & purpose driven interns to work with our community management team, keen to adapt hospitality into an everyday setting to help people who live and work nearby.
This role blends, post-opening optimisation, sales and operational management with a big focus on creating unique and memorable experiences determining service levels and ramping up the commercial success of the location.
Form part of the operational team, based at the Denizen House, working typically Monday through Sunday, helping to:
Deli Management (70%)
- Run day-to-day operations of the Denizen Kitchen
- Take initiative to increase guest satisfaction, reduce cost and improve revenue performance
- Communicate with our F&B partners
- Support implementation of seasonal changes to the menu
- Execute daily & weekly back of house procedures (i.e. ordering/purchasing, sales analysis, cleaning)
- Monitor guest satisfaction
Community Management (30%)
- Sign-up and onboard new Denizens (Members)
- Engage with Denizens (Members) to understand their daily challenges and how Denizen House and its range of products and services can simplify their lives
- Develop strategies and tactics to optimize the operational workflow in order to improve guest satisfaction, increase revenues and save costs
- Support daily & weekly back of house procedures (ordering, scheduling)
The Ideal Candidate
- Motivated to bring 365 day hospitality to life in a modern, urban setting in Berlin
- Speaks English & German
- Operates with an open mind & consistently questions the status quo
The Managing Director of Denizen, Michael End (former Managing Director of 25hours Hotels) has a long history working with SHL, and will be directly involved in the supervision and development of the intern.
If you would be interested in applying for the internship position, please contact, Michael End (Managing Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a new startup, Denizen is committed to finding innovative ways to develop its cultural and brand values. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.