next generation neighbourhoods
13th November 2023
Internship: As of Jan 2024 (flexible)
Salary: € 1.000 per month
At the beginning of 2022, Denizen’s first House opened its doors in Berlin, offering local residents and companies a range of day-time services and leisure activities tailored to their professional needs.
Conceived as a lobby for the neighbourhood, it offers Denizens – locals and regulars alike –a place away from the home or office, with an open lounge, concierge, grab-and-go café, flexible workspace and a self-care studio with showers and changing facilities. Evening events and classes, such as meet-ups, food tastings, yoga, meditation and fitness classes round off the comprehensive offering.
Denizen currently operates a variety of community and office spaces in Berlin and Düsseldorf, with plans to expand across Germany over the next 12 months.
The Denizen team is a mix of hospitality operators & technologists, focused on delivering a great high tech/high touch service experience for our residents and the wider neighbourhood, bringing them 365 day hospitality.
Our main investors are Porsche Digital and Solutions Holding (one of the founders of 25hours Hotel Company) and are working with both Modiste (Interior Architects), Workshop Coffee (Speciality Coffee) and Vitra (Strategic Partner) to bring the space to life.
As we aim to expand from 3 to 12 locations in 2024, we are looking for self and purpose-driven interns to work with our Commercial & Product Managers, as well as our local community management team.
This role blends a mix of sales, marketing & event management with a big focus on developing our network of local companies and integrating them into the Denizen Ecosystem.
- Operate as the first point of contact for all inbound sales enquiries for Denizen, conducting show rounds and awareness events with local corporates, service partners and event agencies.
- Nurture an active pipeline of corporate leads and prospects, identifying opportunities for both Denizen House & Denizen Spaces.
- Manage an active list of existing corporate clients, developing positive customer relationships and identifying proactive opportunities for additional sales.
- Recruit and onboard event agencies, driving evening & weekend demand for Denizen House.
- Working with the Head of Sales, refine the Standard Operating Procedures for sales & event management at Denizen.
- Working with the product & development teams, refine the onboarding and ongoing customer relationship management with local corporates, service partners and event agencies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Motivated to bring 365 day hospitality to life in a modern, urban setting in Berlin
- Speaks English & German (as of B2 level)
- Operates with an open mind & consistently questions the status quo
The Managing Director of Denizen, Michael End (former Managing Director of 25hours
Hotels) has a long history working with SHL and will be involved in the supervision and
development of the intern.
If you would be interested in applying for the internship position, please contact, Michael End (Managing Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a new start-up, Denizen is committed to finding innovative ways to develop its cultural and brand values. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.