next generation neighbourhoods
13th November 2023
Internship: As of January 2024 (Flexible)
Salary: € 1.000 per month
At the beginning of 2022, Denizen’s first House opened its doors in Berlin, offering local residents and companies a range of day-time services and leisure activities tailored to their professional needs.
Conceived as a lobby for the neighbourhood, it offers Denizens – locals and regulars alike –a place away from the home or office, with an open lounge, concierge, grab-and-go café, flexible workspace and a self-care studio with showers and changing facilities. Evening events and classes, such as meet-ups, food tastings, yoga, meditation and fitness classes round off the comprehensive offering.
Denizen currently operates a variety of community and office spaces in Berlin and Düsseldorf, with plans to expand across Germany over the next 12 months.
The Denizen team is a mix of hospitality operators & technologists, focused on delivering a great high tech/high touch service experience for our residents and the wider neighbourhood, bringing them 365 day hospitality.
Our main investors are Porsche Digital and Solutions Holding (one of the founders of 25hours Hotel Company) and are working with both Modiste (Interior Architects), Workshop Coffee (Speciality Coffee) and Vitra (Strategic Partner) to bring the space to life.
As we aim to expand from 3 to 12 locations in 2024, we are looking for self & purpose driven interns to grow our network of Denizen Spaces & Houses and identify unique opportunities to satisfy B2B demand for space and service on demand.
This role will blend a mix of market research, lead generation and account management, helping us to learn both in the field and digitally, what it takes to create supply and demand for “space with a service”.
Operate and expand our presence in key neighbourhoods throughout Germany and the wider DACH market by:
- Conducting neighborhood market research, to qualify the initial target audience of supply (providers of space) and demand (consumers of space) within identified neighbourhoods.
- Execute and feedback on the success (and failure) of our B2B customer acquisition strategy, including both analogue & digital methodologies.
- Manage daily interactions with our hosts (B2B supply partners) and consumers, using a combination of telephone and field support, sharing any specific customer and user experience feedback with the management & product teams.
- Using the internal Denizen Analytics and Data Intelligence platform, optimize the neighbourhood Standard Operating Procedures for enhanced operational and commercial management of Denizen neighborhood marketplace.
- Working with the Head of Sales, refine the Standard Operating Procedures for Business Development at Denizen.
- Working with the product & development teams, refine the onboarding and ongoing customer relationship management with our hosts (B2B supply partners).
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be based in Berlin, Germany
- Speaks English & German (as of B2 level)
- Operates with an open mind & consistently questions the status quo
The Managing Director of Denizen, Michael End (former Managing Director of 25hours
Hotels) has a long history working with SHL, and will be directly involved in the supervision
and development of the intern.
If you would be interested in applying for the internship position, please contact, Michael End (Managing Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a new startup, Denizen is committed to finding innovative ways to develop its cultural and brand values. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.