Award-winning Home/Office Hybrid Hotel
Are you a jack (or Jane) of all trades who loves to connect with people and gets a kick out of solving (tricky) operational puzzles? Then keep reading!
Facilitating global living and working, Zoku is a new category in the hotel industry: a home-office hybrid - also suitable for long stays - with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighbourhood. Join an international team of driven, proactive and fun-loving Zokus who all have one thing in common: a passion for connecting people across the globe.
TELL ME MORE
As a Duty Manager Intern you act as the spider in the web, ensuring Zoku's operations are run smoothly. You'll coach, train and set the team of Sidekicks (the operational team) up for success.
The job of Duty Manager Intern is very versatile and fast-paced. You'll support the operational team when and where needed, empowering them to be at their best to provide excellent service and a true Zoku-like experience, all whilst keeping the service standards high. You will work together with a team of enthusiastic and highly motivated Duty Managers.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
No day looks the same as a Duty Manager Intern... but here's a glimpse of what you can expect:
Be a smooth operator: You are very hands-on and actively support the Sidekicks on the floor to ensure that every resident receives the quintessential Zoku experience. You'll jump in when and where needed and will be the contact person for (bigger) resident complaints.
Trouble shooter: You act as the trouble-shooter in case of issues that arise during your shift, coordinate maintenance tasks and help in case no one is available. You'll also be responsible for the proper handling of safety and security procedures.
Sidekick Coach: You'll coach, guide and train the operational team. You'll ensure that Zoku's values are lived by on the working floor and ensure excellent service, all while having fun. Together with your team, you'll assist in updating the working schedules of the team.
Operational Jack / Jane of all trades: As part of the Duty Managers team, you'll be responsible for all Rooms Division and F&B matters. As our main contact person with our outsourced housekeeping party, you'll enjoy structuring all rooms-related procedures, managing restaurants reservations and checking the payment handling.
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNSHIP UNIQUE?
- You be all-around leader. You'll improve your skills in the F&B and Rooms department. No day will look the same!
- You can bring your knowledge into practice. With an "Always Beta" mentality, you'll help to improve processes at Zoku.
- You'll get a second family. Become part of our Zoku community of fellow colleagues, residents and visitors.
- You'll be part for a future-oriented hospitality concept. We're not like your average hotel (feel free to stop by at Zoku to see for yourself!).
- You'll make a difference. As an important part of our team, you'll get plenty of responsibility and your ideas will be valued.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Internship allowance of €1145 per month.
- 12.5 holiday days (per 6 months).
- Cool benefits like a free after-work drink, free fitness offers, discount on an annual public transport card, and friends & family rates at all Zoku locations.
- A cool comfy uniform - no more looking like a log!
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn and grow from.
- The best free staff meals, enjoyed in our social spaces overlooking the city.
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities and fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An internship at one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world, that feels like a second home and is purpose-driven.
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO
- Bring good vibes to the work floor, are genuinely friendly, approachable, and empathetic.
- Are social butterflies who love to connect with others and get to know new people.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to discover new things.
- Are multi-tasking pros, handling multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities all whilst keeping a cool head and a warm heart.
- Have an international background - experience in guest relations is a plus.
A FEW MUST HAVES
- You are a student at a hospitality university and need to do a mandatory managerial/administrative internship as part of your curriculum (min. 6 months).
- You are fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU resident or have a valid working and living permit for Austria.
- You are available for a start date in July/August 2023 and flexible for working days/hours.
- You have experience in working in an operational hotel or restaurant environment.