Award-winning Home/Office Hybrid Hotel
Do you easily connect to people, love providing a warm welcome, and get a kick out of helping people? Then keep reading!
Facilitating global living and working, Zoku is a new category in the hotel industry: a home-office hybrid - also suitable for long stays - with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighbourhood. Join an international team of driven, proactive and fun-loving Zokus who all have one thing in common: a passion for connecting people across the globe.
TELL ME MORE
As a Sidekick Intern, you'll be the go-to person, connector and problem solver for our residents. Although no day looks quite the same in this role, you can find yourself doing anything from welcoming visitors, to helping residents check in and out, and even showing off your barista skills at our Kindred Spirits rooftop bar.
The job of a Sidekick Intern is highly versatile, flexible and focused completely on making people feel at ease during their entire time with us. You will need to love sharing advice, looking after people and building a nest for our residents - while always striving to provide service in better and more creative ways.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
No day looks the same as a Sidekick Intern... but here's a glimpse of what you can expect:
A friendly first impression: Be the first point of contact for anyone walking through our doors. This means providing a friendly hello, a warm smile, a small chat and making people feel happy and comfortable throughout their entire time with us.
Helping people feel at home right away: You'll be the first person a resident meets when they check-in, and the last person they see when they check-out. You'll be there to help support their arrival, check-in and check-out process and to help answer any questions that come up.
Master of the bar & kitchens right hand: You'll be both a barista and master server in our Kindred Spirits bar & Living Kitchen restaurant. Help prepare/serve drinks and food while acting as a social connector for residents, guests and members - you'll meet interesting people too!
Creating memorable meetings: Local people meet for the day at Zoku too. Embrace your inner event planner by setting up our meeting rooms, styling the meeting and event spaces, and providing great service throughout a company's meeting with us.
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNSHIP UNIQUE?
- You'll be an operations all-rounder. You'll improve your skills in all departments. No day looks the same!
- You'll bring your knowledge into practice. With an "Always Beta" mentality, you'll help improve processes at Zoku.
- You'll get a second family. Become part of our Zoku community of fellow colleagues, residents and visitors.
- You'll be part for a future-oriented hospitality concept. We're not like your average hotel (feel free to stop by at Zoku to see for yourself!).
- You'll make a difference. As an important part of our team, you'll get plenty of responsibility and your ideas will be valued.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Internship allowance in accordance with the law.
- Cool benefits like a free after-work drink, discount on an annual public transport card, and friends & family rates at all Zoku locations.
- A cool comfy uniform - no more looking like a log!
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn and grow from.
- The best staff meals, enjoyed in our social spaces overlooking the city.
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities and fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An internship at one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world, that feels like a second home and is purpose-driven.
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO
- Love to take care of an unforgettable stay where people feel at home and get connected with others and the city surrounding them
- Are ready to change the way guests are treated in the hospitality industry by always providing their service in better, more creative ways.
- Are genuinely friendly, pro-active and open.
- Are eager to get the best out of themselves and their peers.
- Want to know and share everything about our home city.
- Don't mind getting their hands dirty every now and then.
A FEW MUST HAVES
- You are a student at a hospitality university and need to do a mandatory operational internship (min. 6 months) as part of your curriculum.
- You are fluent in French and English, other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU resident or have a valid working and living permit for France.
- You are flexible, as you'll have no fixed working days / hours.
- You have first-hand experience in hospitality.
- You are available to start in July/August.