Award-winning Home/Office Hybrid Hotel
Facilitating global living and working, Zoku is a new category in the hotel industry: a home-office hybrid - also suitable for long stays - with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighbourhood. Join an international team of driven, proactive and fun-loving Zokus who all have one thing in common: a passion for connecting people across the globe.
TELL ME MORE
As a Meeting & Community Events Intern, you will support in organizing, planning and executing (community) events with local partners & clients on a regular basis - to put Zoku on the map. Besides that you will spend quite some time in the commercial part of these events: the actual selling and organising it with the internal or external client.
You'll also explore new event concepts to engage the community, help them connect with one another and guard our core purpose: connecting people and ideas while wearing a commercial hat. Located in Amsterdam, you'll be working closely with our operational team and you'll report directly to our Meeting & Events Specialist.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
No day looks the same as a Meeting & Community Events Intern... but here's a glimpse of what you can expect:
You've got mail: You'll play a supporting role to the Community Manager, the M&E specialist and the M&E Manager. You'll assist in the contact for potential visitors, clients, members and residents & will manage the inbox & requests together with your Manager. Best way to strengthen your communication skills!
Be proactive: together with the M&E specialist you will send out offers according to the wishes of the client, have site inspections with these clients and talk about their requirements for their meetings or events.
Plan legendary events: support in planning all meetings & events into detail and make sure your colleagues know what to expect to run their operations flawless. Of course you are also on the floor to give a helping hand during these gatherings.
Community rituals: Plan and organize our beloved community rituals including Community Dinner and Fika (coffee break), as well as bringing new event concepts to life, in line with the quarterly strategy developed by the Community Manager.
Love a good chat: With a love for good conversations and facilitating connections, you'll also be responsible for answering Meeting & Events guests' questions and engaging with our community. You're not afraid of an impromptu meeting or participating in a show-around with potential clients!
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNSHIP UNIQUE?
- You'll be a Meeting & Events all-rounder. You will see during your internship the whole process from sales, executing till after sales.
- You can bring your knowledge into practice. With an "Always Beta" mentality, you'll help to improve processes at Zoku.
- You'll get a second family. Become part of our Zoku community of fellow colleagues, residents and visitors.
- You'll be part of a future-oriented hospitality concept. We're not like your average hotel or event space (feel free to stop by at Zoku to see for yourself!).
- You'll make a difference. As an important part of our team, you'll get plenty of responsibility and your ideas will be valued.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Internship allowance of €500 per month.
- 10 holiday days (per 6 months)
- Cool benefits like a free after-work drink, various discounts and friends & family rates at all Zoku locations.
- A cool comfy uniform - no more looking like a log!
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn and grow from.
- The best staff meals, enjoyed in our social spaces overlooking the city.
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities and fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An internship at one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world, that feels like a second home and is purpose-driven.
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO
- Bring good vibes, are friendly and always approachable - even over the phone.
- Have a passion for organizing events from A to Z
- Can keep a cool head and warm smile even during busy and stressful times.
- Have a can do, entrepreneurial spirit that's all about discovering new ideas and solutions.
- Have a very good eye for detail and love to multitask.
- Love putting a personal touch on their service.
- Want to be the king or queen of communication, always keeping it professional while maintaining Zoku's tone of voice.
- Have prior experience working in communication- and reservation- oriented roles, e.g. front office, sales or call centre / help desk or events.
A FEW MUST HAVES
- You are a student who is looking to get valuable experience as an intern as part of your MBO+, HBO (college), Master degree, undergraduate degree or placement year in the fields of Communication or Hospitality.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English; other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU resident or have a valid working and living permit for the Netherlands.
- You are available for min. 6 months and flexible for working days/hours.
- You love to work, as we'll need you full-time.